BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 22, 2009

I'm LOPSIDED!

Yup you heard me! 6 weeks ago yesterday I found out I had an ovarian cyst which had twisted my right ovary in my fallopian tube. Because the pain was so great and the ovary was past the saving point I needed to have surgery to remove the ovary. As of now I am pretty much fully recovered except for I just need to remain careful not to lift anything too heavy or strain myself. Since the surgery my future plans have changed severely...for those of you who did not know, I was planning to leave to London, England for art school mid-june for at least a year. I am sorry to say that plan is no longer possible. You see, for the past year or so I have not had any health insurance so once I received my hospital bills and fees I ended up having to use all of my savings to pay those off. As disappointed as I was (and am) to give up my England plans, I've decided to remain in Utah for at least another couple years and to go back to school in Ogden. Who knows...perhaps once I earn my Bachelors I may try to study in England again for a Masters. Until then, I suppose I'll try to go where life takes me and to learn as much as I can from it... its going to be tough, but I know I can handle anything.

Because things have changed so much for me I've decided to make this blog more about music...I'll share some music I love and post lyrics, video clips, and info about artists I love. I will still post little things about myself and my life here and there, but for the most part I just want to keep things light and fun. Music is truely inspiring to me and has always helped me through hard times...I hope the music I share with everyone can inspire and help as it does me.

1 comments:

Cherie said...

Oh Ashley, I'm so sorry! I know you have been planning on going to England for so long and I can't imagine your disappointment! But, I am so glad that you are doing well and recovering quickly! Whatever is meant to be will be, sometimes life sucks though!