BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 25, 2008

THE GRADUATE

Photo by Evan Hunt
A couple months ago, my sister Cheryl and I attended a small concert where one of my favorite indie bands played (Nightmare of You)- of which I HIGHLY recommend to everyone...I LOVE those guys! Touring with them were a few other indie bands from across the country and one band in particular from Chicago I fell in LOVE with! Their name..THE GRADUATE! After they were done playing I was so blown away that I immediately made my way over to the bands' merchandise table and bought myself their CD. Once I got home I listened to it and since I have been listening nonstop (with a few exceptions...;)..and I'm not even sick of it yet! AMAZING! One of their songs caught my attention immediately because I can entirely relate to the lyrics and they describe the EXACT way I've been feeling for quite a long time. SOOO I thought I might share the song with you all and I strongly encourage everyone who is interested to look these guys up and get into their stuff. They're amazingly talented.





The Graduate - I Survived lyrics

This is goodbye
After months of situating
I can finally leave this sorry town behind
And I'm alright
When they ask for me
My friends can smile and tell the world
That I survived
As I'm about to leave
I fill a million empty pages
Pass my word and do my best to sing
So what do I need?
To show what could become of those
Who think and talk and live like me

I don't want to die today!
I want to live and love and write it down
I can live a life of dreams
And be grateful I'm around

This is goodbye
After months of careful planning
I can finally leave this dried up town behind
And I'm alright
This used to be our city!
This used to be our only light!

I just want to walk away
I want to write, but there's a consequence
That all my friends read everything I do and I say
I don't need to reign supreme
All I need are sounds of ecstasy

And I won't die today!
I'll be living and loving and writing down
And I'll live a life of dreams
And be grateful I'm around.

2 comments:

Jake and Cher Sever said...

HOORAY That was way fun and I feel the same way too lately! (Off and On for the past um 5 or so years actually) Time is ticking and getting closer! So lets enjoy it for the now and after!

Lana Groves said...

I want to know how you put that youtube listing up there and make your site so interactive! Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. =)