BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 15, 2010

Ooo-ooo, Eee-eee, Ahh-ahh!

Hullo hullo my dear friends and family! You all may (or may not) be wondering what's been going on with me in the last month and, to be honest, nothing too exciting or extravagant has occurred but a few small ones have. I'm definitely one to enjoy the small things in life so all of the following brought me happiness and joy. :D

Ryan and I were able to make it to the Orange County Fair before it ended and then shortly after the LA County Fair started up. We munched on yummy cotton candy and giant turkey legs. We were also able to see a really interesting display which featured real human body parts which was to show and teach the public more about the human body and how it works. We also entered the world of Jurassic Park where there were life-sized dinosaurs that blinked and moved. Quite fun I must say! There was also a small bird show which featured a hawk, an owl, a falcon, and a vulture. All were quite impressive birds but the vulture was the most intimidating because of its size and wingspan.







In order to show their employees their appreciation Ryan's company rented a suite at the Angel's stadium where we were able to watch the game and enjoy food and drinks. The view of the field was amazing and it was really fun to be able to interact with everyone without having to yell over the noise of the crowd. The Angel's won the game which was a great ending to a fun and relaxing night.



I was able to see my friend Amy and her boyfriend Zack and though we only saw each other for about an hour it was fantastic seeing them both. Zack lives up near LA and Amy came to visit him for a weekend. On her last day in town Ryan and I met up with them at Seal Beach and hung out for a short time. It really lifted my spirits and was so fun seeing some familiar faces.



Ryan's birthday was on September 23rd and coincidentally Muse was playing a show that night so Ryan's boss pulled some strings for us and got us tickets to the show. Now everyone knows how much I enjoy Muse but I was especially excited for Ryan to see them because no one really understands how amazing that band is until they see them live. FABULOUS! The show was great and the band, as always, did not disappoint. Of course we found out that no one here in the OC quite understands how to behave properly at a concert. Everybody just sat there starring instead of getting up and jammin' the music.... I guess I'm just spoiled by the rockin' crowds in UT. The best part of the show was just before Muse went on a guy pulled his girlfriend up onto the stage, got down on his knee, and proposed. They were such a sweet couple and, of course, she said yes.




Ryan has an Uncle who lives out in Lancaster and we got to stay and visit with him and his family for a couple nights. All I have to say is authentic Filipino food is YUM! During our stay we ate quite a bit of food as well as sang a lot of karaoke... Ryan and I scored a 96 singing Ricki Martin's 'Living La Vida Loca.' Because we were so busy stuffing our faces and flapping our gums into a microphone we didn't take many photos but we were able to get a few shots of this cute lil' guy. He sure enjoyed singing into the microphone as well!



I had a spontaneous moment one day while I was at a shopping center waiting for Ryan to finish work. I spotted a hair salon and marched right in, sat in a chair, and told the hairstylist to chop it. I wanted to avoid getting a bob cut but still wanted to have some shape to my hair so I had her do an A-line with minimal layers. I was glad I did it and I feel a bit more grown up with a pinch of sassy thrown in. (P.S. Ryan was quite surprised when I picked him up shortly after.)


One last little thing to mention. I still haven't been able to find employment just yet so to get the ball rolling and at least have some form of income Ryan's boss decided to give me a promotions job which is extremely part time but it pays pretty well for what the job requires. Ladies and Gentlemen, my job is to dress up in a monkey suit wearing a hula skirt and coconut bra and parade around attracting potential clients. YESSIREE! I must say, its quite fun! I don't have to talk to anyone and I give lots of hugs and take pictures with people. I don't have any pictures to post but as soon as I get one I will be glad to share it with everyone. Until then, this will have to do:

1 comments:

Jake and Cher Sever said...

Cool ! A monkey suit eh?! I was wondering what Ang meant about a monkey on the comment on facebook.
Good for you, that's better than nothin right? You probably look so cute too!